This recipe utilizes flavorful Veggie Bone Broth, fresh herbs, and breakfast pork sausage to create the perfect holiday stuffing for you and your family. Makes 8-10 servings.
1 loaf of white bread, cubed into 1’ pieces (6 cups) – our favorites are Dan’s Bread and Iggy's Bread
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 stalk of celery, diced
4 cups (2 bottles) of Five Way Foods - Vegetable Broth
1 pound of breakfast pork sausage – our favorite brand is from Stillmans Farm
1 Mediterranean mix (2 tablespoons each of fresh sage, rosemary, parsley and thyme)
½ cup of dried cranberries – our favorite brand is from Fairland Farm
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Cut bread into cubes and let dry or put bread crumbs in oven and let them sit in oven for about 2 hours in low heat to dry out. This can be done in advance.
3. Slice sausage into 1’ pieces. Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil into pan and heat. Add sausage and sauté until brown. When sausage is cooked put it aside.
4. Dice onion and cut celery into small pieces. Sauté onion and celery in sausage drippings. Add the Mediterranean mix and continue to sauté over medium heat.
5. When the onions are starting to be translucent, add 4 cups of Five Way Foods – Vegetable Broth to the mix and stir to pick up all pan drippings. Season with salt and pepper.
6. In a large bowl mix bread crumbs, sausage and onion-celery-broth mix, and dried cranberries. The mix should be wet and sticky. Add more broth if the mix is too dry.
7. Place in pan in oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for about 60 minutes or until stuffing forms light brown ridges.
8. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
SIGN UP & SAVE
Cozy recipes and exclusive savings inside. Plus, 10% off your first order!