Vegan Ginger Turmeric Chickpea Noodle Soup
- 250 g noodles Dry measurement, about 4 cups cooked by volume - use any type of noodle you prefer
- 4 Bottles of Five Way Veggie Broth (8 cups)
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk Such as almond or oat.
- 12 new potatoes (small) Cut into quarters. Any waxy potato works well
- 4 carrots chopped
- 1 can chickpeas Canned or 15 oz cooked
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- ¼ cup fresh ginger chopped
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh ginger Minced
- 6 cloves fresh garlic Minced
- 2 Tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 Tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp granulated onion powder Optional.
- 1 tsp black pepper Ground fresh.
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 5 tsp paprika
- 2 bay leaf
- Add the noodles and water to a separate pot and cook according to package directions, and then set aside.
- Add the water or broth to a very large soup pot on the stovetop and bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat.
- Add all of the seasonings to the water or broth and stir to combine.
- Add the fresh ginger chunks, potatoes, chickpeas, carrots, onion and celery to the pot and let simmer for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots reach desired tenderness.
- Add the unsweetened non-dairy milk, bell peppers, and any of the optional ingredients and allow to simmer about another 5 minutes or until heated and remove from stovetop.
- Add a serving of noodles to a bowl, and then add the soup to the bowl and combine well so noodles separate and warm. Alternatively, you can add them to the rest of the soup at this point (our pot wasn't large enough, and I prefer to keep separate for storage/leftovers).
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.